Unbuy is a product provided by Volkside Pty Ltd (ABN 53 134 018 910) based in Victoria, Australia and subject to the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia. Contact us.
General information we collect
We collect personal information that is necessary for our business and services to operate. The information we collect and hold may include:
- Information you provide us when you use, purchase or sign up for product or services from us. This information may include your name, company name, address and contact details such as an email address.
- Information derived from communications between you and us.
- Information derived automatically from accessing our products and services. Some of this information is collected using cookies and other technologies. The amount and type of information we collect depends on how you use our digital products and online services.
By signing up to our online services you agree to provide and maintain accurate account information about yourself.
Anonymous usage information
Unbuy may prompt you to opt in to share anonymous usage information. Sharing this information is entirely voluntary, and you can opt out at any time via app Settings.
If you choose to opt in, the following information will be shared with us anonymously:
- Goals and reminders: Category and notification information when adding, editing or removing goal or reminder. Any text you enter into your goal or reminder is not shared.
- Unbuy: Item category and amount. Item description is not shared.
- Transfer: Total amount and grand total. Individual items are not shared.
- Notifications: Information on when an Unbuy notification is opened. Notification content is not shared.
- Certain information about how you navigate into and within the app; for instance when onboarding information is dismissed.
In summary: numerical information is being collected, textual information is not. Sharing usage information is anonymous and entirely voluntary. We collect this information to better understand how people use Unbuy and to help us improve the product.
How we use your information
We look after the privacy of your personally identifiable information. We will not share your personal information with third parties unless you give us express permission to do so, or it is required by law.
Generally we will only use and disclose your personal information to:
- establish and maintain your relationship as our customer
- provide the products and services you have requested from us
- run, manage, measure and improve our products and services
- answer your enquiries
- ensure that you abide by our terms of service
- support marketing and advertising initiatives including sending you news and updates regarding Unbuy and other products and services from us.
If you at any time receive any communication from us that you’d prefer not to receive, please contact us and we will remove you from our mailing list.
Access to your personal information
In most cases, you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to check or amend your details, please contact us .
We will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information that we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored on a secured server, database or files.
If you have an login with us you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account by protecting your email address and password. Please fo not reuse a password you have with another online service.
The internet is not always a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, we cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to, or receive from us over the internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Changes to this policy